Teething... just the thought of it makes me want to grit my own teeth! Poor babies. Emma is getting several at once. While it's probably extra painful for her, it seems better than having a kind of sore mouth all the time until they all come in. So she is up at night, which means I am up at night. While we were up last night I was trying to figure out which of teeth/gums was still bothering her in order to pass that info along to her grandma today so she could put Orajel in the right spot. And I was facing Emma and thought, "ok it's bottom left". That's true if I'm facing her. But if she's not facing me or if she's sitting beside me, then that information changes. So, in my tired stupor, I realized it is Emma's bottom right gum. Which then prompted me to think about the fact that it's all in my perspective. Depending where I am sitting in relation to Emma I can tell you which part of her mouth hurts.
The absolute truth is that it is always Emma's bottom right no matter where I am sitting. My perspective is constantly changing and is sometimes wrong. God is always right. He is the absolute Truth. My perspective would say that Jon and I should get the house we are looking at and waiting for; my perspective would say that my dear friend shouldn't be going through such a painful, sad time right now; my perspective would say that those following Christ should not be in such desperate circumstances... but that's only my perspective. I can't see the big picture and I certainly can't see everything that God is doing in my life and in those around me. God would say that He is doing works that further His plan. So when I don't understand, I need to trust in Absolute Truth and not in my ever changing perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is a great reminder about our perspective. This brings Isaiah 55 to mind. Thanks for always trying to point yourself (and others) to Christ!
ReplyDelete