I saw love today, but it didn't see me.
It was in the way the woman hung onto the man while he held onto his walker.
She matched her pace with his, and arm in arm, they slowly walked down the road in the sunshine.
I saw love today, but it didn't see me.
It was in the way the mom held her baby close while they rocked back and forth on the swing.
The little one looked up at his mom and reached for her face and his mom smiled down at him.
I saw love today, but it didn't see me.
It was the way the little old dog licked away the grumpy man's frown.
He couldn't help but smile and reach down, pick up his best friend, and grab the doggie a treat.
I saw love today, and it looked back at me.
It was the way my baby girl squeezed my neck in a bear hug and said, "mommy!".
It was the way my husband kissed me in the kitchen and said I'm his best friend.
It was the way my dog laid her big head on my knee and rolled her eyes up at me.
I saw Love today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you write this? This was really good! Can I add one?
ReplyDeleteI *felt* love today when my best friend sent me a few words that only she and I would know was a difference we've come to laugh about in our friendship. Thanks for passing on the love!