I had my visit with my high risk OB at Akron Children's and I love my doctor! She spent over an hour talking with me. She is confident in her job and in things going well for this pregnancy and delivery.
We are still planning a C-section at 39 weeks. If my blood pressure starts going up I will be put on bed rest and if it's at 37 weeks or later we'll just bump up the C-section date. Anything after 37 weeks is considered full-term so no real worries about the baby being underdeveloped at 37 weeks.
I need to have my blood pressure monitored more often (every two weeks for now and once I hit the 30 week mark it will be every week). My Akron doctor is happy to let me stop in to my Ashland OB to have my BP checked so that I don't have to drive up to Akron as often. My gas tank and checkbook appreciate that.
The Akron doctor wants to run her own baseline tests so I am having more bloodwork, another ultrasound (yay! I get to see Greyson again:)) and an echocardiogram of my heart, next Wednesday. It will take all morning but I trust my doctor and feel very confident with her. She isn't worried about finding anything abnormal in any of these tests, she just wants to have them done in her office and to have them in her records. And like I said, I am glad to get to see the baby during the ultrasound so I'll most likely have some more baby pictures to post soon.
I'm getting ready to start my third trimester! Hard to believe... but also not hard to believe. I'm getting so excited to meet and hold Greyson. Although I don't want him to come too early!
In other family news:
Jon is down to 30 days left in his schooling program! I am so very proud of him. He still has some huge tests and hurdles to finish but I know he will finish strong. He has started looking for jobs and we know God has a plan for us and for Jon's job. We are approaching it with prayer and know God will help us along the way.
Emma is doing wonderful. She's finally over her cough (I still have mine... grrr).
She wants a princess castle birthday cake- it's hard to believe my baby is turning three in just one month from now! She is really chomping at the bit to get her swimming pool out. It's stored at Nana's house so at least I have a good reason that we haven't pulled it out yet. Emma thinks that 60 degrees IS warm and thinks it would be fine to go swimming. Instead we go puddle jumping and on the few truly warm days we have had I just get a big bucket of water and she has a ball with that.
Jarrah is ready for the rain to stop so she can go outside to poop in "optimal conditions" and the nice weather also means walks. She is such a good dog and does well with having little exercise but I know it will be great for her to get back into our daily walks.
Sidenote: It will be great for me too, and my increasingly softening body, to go on daily walks. I remember when I was pregnant with Emma the weather was nicer much earlier in the season so Jarrah and I hit the road for long daily walks. I try to do my pregnancy pilates DVD often but have been sick for almost 3 weeks now and when I do much activity I set off on a coughing fit. That seems like a pretty good excuse for now:)
We have a mallard duck couple (male and female) at our house. They must live in the woods right by our house and just waddle over and eat the bird seed from the bird feeders. We love watching them, well, except for Jarrah, she loves barking at them. When they hear Jarrah it's funny to watch them try to "hustle waddle" back to the woods. Cracks me up.
We have lots of bunnies munching on our abundant clover patches and the deer are very tame. One walked right by the window the other evening- I could have stuck my arm out the window and almost touched it. Again, these animals are happy to munch on our grasses and such until they hear Jarrah's bark. She truly thinks she's saving us from the ducks/deer/bunnies.
We are all well overall and have so many blessings in our lives. We are looking forward to more sunshine and Jon, less studying:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the updates on the family! It's good to know Jarrah is keeping you all safe and Emma is preparing for lots of swimming! :) Also good that Jon's in the home stretch and you like your new OB!
ReplyDelete