Friday, August 12, 2011

Let the count down begin

In less than one month we will be holding Greyson in our arms! Yay!

We know that means no sleep- although right now I am not sleeping the best anyway. I don't remember not sleeping well when this far along with Emma. Although I do remember poor Jon telling me back then that I started to snore. That kicked in earlier this time I guess. Jon sleeps with ear plugs in and wraps his pillow around his ears! Sorry Honey! He says it's ok though and even says it's "cute". That proves he's a winner of a husband to think that snoring and keeping him awake is "cute".

I am seeing my Akron doctor each week now and next Wednesday they do another "growth check" via ultrasound. I can tell them he's growing. My belly is bigger and it's harder to eat, sleep, breath, etc. So I'm not too concerned about the ultrasound. I know they are looking for signs of "stress" to him. But they have indicated that this is a routine type thing so I'm not planning to take my hosptial bag with me for that appointment. I haven't even packed a hosptial bag yet.

I have made it through many of the items on my "to do" list. The last ones are mainly things I need to do the days or week prior to baby-day.

One very important thing that I am doing now and hope and pray to do everyday until delivery is to stop letting myself even consider the possibility that Greyson will be disabled or sick. Once I let myself consider the possibility, I find that I immediately assume it to be truth. Only the Lord knows anyway but, truth be told, I feel the Lord wants me to assume the baby is healthy. I have no more control over this situation by allowing or forcing myself to consider/plan for him to be sick. It's a very false sense of control anyway, however I want to prove faithful and the only way I feel I can do that is to not even allow the thoughts of Greyson being less than healthy.

So no more permission for me to consider all the options or possibilities. I have to only consider and look forward to myself seeing and holding a healthy baby boy.

A son.

A baby that is a gift from God and one that I'm thankful for.

Thank you Lord for this life inside me.

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.

2 comments:

  1. Greyson is a very lucky baby to be joining your family. Hannah and I are looking forward to meeting him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing how the Lord works in your heart as you don't even let yourself consider the possibility that Greyson won't be healthy. What a great way to enjoy your last weeks as a pregnant lady! Love you!

    ReplyDelete