So it's a month after our anniversary but I didn't want to miss posting about it.
Eleven years!
My mom asked me if it felt like it had been that long and I said all the years have been worth it, but we earned some of them. Most people know that marriage takes work. I feel like it's too often thrown out or given up on because it's hard, or people feel like they aren't getting what they need. A friend told me that she read a book that suggested that God gives marriage not to make us happier but to make us holier.
No matter what the reason, I'm thankful God gave me Jon.
He makes me laugh.
He balances me.
He has my back.
He gave me kids.
He thinks my quirks are "cute".
He knows the ugliest part of my heart, and still loves me.
He forgives me.
He hugs me when I don't know that I need a hug.
He's patient.
He changes the songs on his ipod to ones that I like when I have to drive his car.
He loves Jesus even when it's hard.
I am blessed and thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm thankful for your 11 years, too! Being together has made each of you better, and I'm blessed to have been a part of your lives for the past 11 years and hopefully many more! Love you!
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you and Jon! You certainly compliment each other and we are so grateful to have you in our life=)
ReplyDelete