Friday, August 27, 2010

Peeeuuu

I made a to-do list for today. One of the items was to clean the oven. A few weeks ago (ok, I'll be honest, a few months ago) something I made boiled over and left burned chunky things in the bottom of the oven. Now when ever I turn it on to pre-heat it smells like my kitchen is slightly on fire.

So my oven needed cleaned. I opened the windows and got out the "fume-free" oven cleaner, which consequently is NOT "fume-free" and opened the oven to begin cleaning. Then I noticed that my oven says "self-cleaning" on it! YAY! I can mark it off the list. I figured out the correct buttons to get it to say that it was starting and I think it will be cleaning for 3 hours.

However, since I didn't take the time to clean out the charred chunks in the bottom of the oven (I figured that was like rinsing the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, why wash, only to have them be re-washed), my house smells like you stuck your head in a charcoal grill.

It

Smells

BAD!

My throat even burns a little!
I'm glad it's a beautiful day and I can have the windows open all day but, man, 2 more hours of this nasty smell! And I have a sneaky suspicion that I will still be wiping up burnt chunks after all of this!

1 comment:

  1. You could be like me - I never clean the oven. Does that make me god, bad, or lazy? ;)

    ReplyDelete