She was thrilled. She has been asking about a gingerbread house for over a week and Grandma already had one for her to decorate. So it made us leaving for our date much easier for Emma. (She had been asking why she couldn't come with us on our date.)
She loves her grandparents (both sets) and we are so blessed to have them available and wanting to spend quality time with their grandkids. They love Jesus and show that to their grandkids too. What a joy to know that Emma has such a wonderful relationship with Nana and Papaw and Grandma and Grandpa. Greyson is developing that already and I don't take for granted that it is rare to find such incredible grandparents.
So last night, Grandma and Grandpa kept the kids and Jon and I went to Strongsville Mall. We had a wonderful time. We got to talk uninterrupted in the car and laughed and sang along to Jon's itunes. I was able to finally use a gift card I recieved LAST Christms and pick out my present from Jon for this Christmas. We grabbed some (messy) dinner to eat on the way home and enjoyed every bite.
I'm so thankful for Jon. He is a wonderful husband and friend to me (not to mention a great daddy). I love laughing with him, debating with him and I even learned some new things about his childhood. It felt like we really connected and got to focus on each other. I have missed that lately. We are still adjusting to him working third and having and infant at home to care for along with our busy three year-old. We are finding our "normal" just in time for it to change in January. I'll be back to work for tax season. I'm super glad that I only work those three and a half months but it will be a whirlwind I'm sure.
We might feel like ships passing in the night sometimes but we'll get through it. And those wonderful grandparents I mentioned... they are going to help babysit during tax season. Could I ask for better? I think not!
I hadn't posted on this yet, but I'm so glad you got to get away and enjoy time together. Glad also for Grandma and Grandpa V as they took care of the chitlins! :)
ReplyDelete