Friday, August 7, 2009
All tuckered out
Emma goes and goes until she drops and this time she dropped in a cute little pose. She looks so peaceful.
I have been thinking a lot about peace lately... and trust for that matter. Although it seems rather obvious, I'm finding that when I really honestly TRUST the Lord to do and be what He says He will do and be, my life eases up. My stress level drops and I find myself, like Emma, peaceful. The trick to the peace is first having the trust. When I pray to God to handle a situation or change a situation I often don't trust that He will actually do anything. It sounds awful to say, but it's true. As I am consciously deciding to trust that God really cares about my life and current situation I am also deciding that I will trust Him to work out the future.
Aahhh peace... it makes it easier to breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You didn't give up the blog! Yay! I'm so happy! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss used to fall asleep in this position all the time. Maybe she and Emma are related after all! :)
Such a great post. I love hearing your thoughts about all things, but this is really powerful for me (for both of us right now). I can relate to not always trusting He'll hear or care about what I'm saying, but you're right - God is who He says He is. And He says He cares! Thanks for reminding me of that. :)