I'm for dogs...
My dog Jarrah was supposed to be about 60 pounds. She was supposed to be laid back and... well, "dog-like". She is 100 pounds, high maintenance, always underfoot and "people-like". We should have named her "Visa" because she is everywhere I want to be. She has her own blanket that she sleeps under and won't sleep without it. She follows me to the laundry room when I put it in the washer and prances like a puppy when I pull it out of the dryer. I can't pretend that most of this isn't my fault since I treat her like my child. But some days it feels like I have a pony in my house!
Jarrah is allergic to corn and most dog foods have it as the main ingredient. So we had to switch her to an expensive kibble and had started noticing some rather "not nice" effects. So we decided to be creative and make homemade dog food. (Hmmm, I wonder why she thinks she is a person.) I cook a few cups of rice with washed, cubed potatoes and then my husband adds 3 cans of salmon or mackeral. Those of you who know me know that the reason my husband adds the fish is because I don't "do" seafood. Can't stand the smell, site, taste, or texture. Jarrah, on the other hand, thinks this is a new level of "people-like" and isn't sure what she did right to start getting this food, but is sure she will keep it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love it - you should have named her "Visa." So funny! I didn't realize you were back to homemade dog food. Jarrah's living in the lap of luxury at your house! :)
ReplyDelete