Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My favorite things

My favorite things are NOT the colds the whole family has, the fact that the house we've been waiting on is not looking like it will work out, the fact Jon's boss might be making changes that are bad for us, or that the carpet, no matter how many times I clean it, continues to make our white socks brown...

My favorite things are the way Emma walks, (new walking babies are the most adorable things!), that God blessed Jon with free left-handed golf clubs from a sweet friend at my work, and that God knows our future. The last one there takes the cake. I am practicing trusting God. I am reminding myself that He hasn't forgotten that we want to move and He isn't surprised about the info that Jon's boss sprang on Jon. I am choosing to know deep and for real that God cares. God knows. God doesn't forget. And God has a plan. It's a kingdom plan, so it often doesn't look like what I want it to, but it is the best plan for God's design.

I am going to make myself trust God as we proceed with looking at the two houses we are interested in. I am choosing to trust that God will open or close those doors of opportunity and that luck has nothing to do with it. I know that God is answering our prayers for wisdom as we house hunt and will continue to help us see what to do about Jon's job. I am always thankful for prayers from others for these things as well. I trust that God wont' forget and He won't withhold His wisdom, but in my humanness I misinterpret and I pray not only that God shows us what to do, but that it is so obvious that we get shoved in the right direction!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I like how you put that... I choose to trust. Like so many other things - love, forgiveness, faithfulness, gentleness, etc. - trust is a choice. We forget... I forget.... and assume if I don't feel trust, I must not be able to or be willing to. It's like John Piper says: You don't stop tithing when you don't want to tithe anymore. You continue to tithe and pray for the desire to come. Thanks for this lesson on trust. I learn so much from you!

    ReplyDelete