Thursday, September 2, 2010

Time marches on

I can't believe it's already September!

Jon is almost half done with the lecture series part of his internship. He is studying his brains out (which seems like an oxymoron to me). He is doing well but will breathe a big sigh of relief when this portion is over.

Emma has grown over an inch in two months!

She and Jarrah and I walk to the park a lot. I find myself going brain numb there sometimes and actually weeded the tot park this week out of desperation for something to do while Emma played.

We saw a lady walking her pet pig. It was a black, pot bellied pig and while the lady was bopping to her itunes the pig was taking it's good ole time sniffing around. So I couldnt' help but watch the pig. I figured the lady was probably getting creeped out so I forced myself to quit staring, but not before getting one last look. Turns out her little black dog just LOOKS like a pot bellied pig. Now I'm certain she was creeped out at me staring at her!

I saw the first tree with mostly fall colored leaves.

I noticed the leaves crunched under the stroller tires.

I started thinking about putting Emma's wading pool away for the year.

No matter if we are loving our position in life and wanting time to freeze or if we are anxious for the present to turn into the future, time simply marches on.

I'm happy with that. I feel like God has a plan for me and my family. Strike that, I KNOW God has a plan for me and my family. That is a truth that I have to work at believing and trusting but the Lord is helping me with that. I know the march ahead will have happy and sad times but I'm hopeful.

That's a big deal.

1 comment:

  1. It is a big deal - I'm glad for you! Sounds like there are things to keep you busy, things to keep you curious, and things to keep you coming back to Jesus! Great combo!

    ReplyDelete