Dear God,
I was wrong.
I was wrong about how You'd teach me to change.
I was wrong about worrying about Greyson being healthy.
I was wrong about how the entire delivery would go.
I was wrong about all of my fears- every last one of them.
You were patient with me.
You never give up on me.
You show me love in more outstanding ways than I can ever imagine.
You love me in ways that I can't ever expect.
You are good to me.
You are good.
Forgive my unfaithfulness.
Forgive my lack of trust.
Forgive my doubting Thomas attitude that had to see the evidence before truly believing.
Thank you God for this incredible blessing that I'm holding in my arms.
Thank you God for the perfect way you made him.
Thank you for the happy, joyful and fun experience that this birth was for us.
Thank you God for my family and friends that you gave me to rely on when my faith was far and my fears were close.
Thank you God for forgiving me when I fail.
Thank you God for still wanting to change me. I am ready and willing to grow as you show me how.
You are good and I am thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God is long-suffering. And, what's good for you and I to remember, the Lord was patient with "doubting Thomas," not condemning or frustrated. He's always accepting and excited about a repentant heart. I loved this letter, and I love you!
ReplyDelete