Thursday, October 27, 2011

Days and nights

My days and nights all seem smeared together. I don't really mind. Truly, it's a phase and Greyson will be sleeping through the night and will have a regular bedtime before I know it. I'm not in a hurry to make him or Emma grow up.

Jon's days and nights are all smeared together too. Since he works third shift he, of course, sleeps during the days. I feel like we see him more though- compared to when he worked first shift. The Lord knows these things.

I just am continually surprised at how the Lord knows what we need more than we do. I know that I shouldn't be since He is the God of the universe AND He knows me so intimately that He knows how many hairs are on my head. But still... I continue to be surprised.

When Jon got an interview at MedCentral without even sending a resume, we were surprised.
When Jon got offered the job before he even finished school, we were surprised.
As Jon sees how positive third shift is, we are surprised.

But God knew that not only would this job be a way to provide for our family and that no other applications would produce results. He knew that not only would third shift be "ok" for us but it would indeed be a blessing.

God knows what we need and what will be best for us... always.

1 comment:

  1. Good reminders - why are we surprised by God's provision? Thanks for reflecting that He always knows what He's doing.

    ReplyDelete