Friday, December 16, 2011

Can you feel it??

Can you feel it?

The excitement in the air.

Christmas is coming!!!!

Years ago, a dear pastor preached his sermon about anticipating Christ's arrival. All the while, unbeknown to us, he had a bread machine under the pulpit baking bread. Throughout the service we all started smelling the wonderful aroma of warm bread baking.

Oh, just the thought of it now makes my mouth water. We all felt that anticipation by the end of that sermon. It has really stuck with me - the idea that Christmas excitement is about Jesus' birth. Just as we get excited for the birth of our own babies or for those close to us, we should have that same excitement for Jesus' birth.

I was reminded that even though I know the story of Jesus' birth, I can still be excited about it. God's word is living and breathing and He can make this story and my experience new each year.

As the sweet aroma of Christmas gets closer I get more and more excited.

Jesus is coming!!! Jesus is coming!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's a neat analogy! It's good to reflect on not just the Reason for the Season but the hope and excitement that the Reason helps us to feel!

    ReplyDelete