Tomorrow is Friday!!! Yay!
I know what day it is because I am back at work. Between not working and Jon's schedule being kind of weird I never knew what day it was. Now I know!
This week has gone well and the kids are doing well with the grandmas and Jon watching them. I sure do miss them but I am thankful for my job.
This week has shown me more ways that I can count on Jon. He has found ways to help out with the kids and the house and I am so thankful. He took the kids to his mom's the two days she had them this week. That saved me a lot of time and it was great! He gets home from work about 7:35am and that's when I am ready to go out the door with the kids. Now, since he will take them I can have an extra few minutes those mornings which is great.
I have a goal this tax season to be the most positive and efficient person at work. It's a big challenge, I do work with bean counters. Us accounting-type people are all rather detail and efficiency minded... so I am sure there are coworkers that are better at it than me. However, I can still be very positive and challenge myself to do my work faster and better.
I want to be a good example to Emma too. I want her to know that mommy can be a harder worker at home and at work. She can see that as a woman she can have many roles and the important thing is to do them all as if she were doing them for Jesus.
She is such a sweet child. I love her light hearted spirit. I need to remember that when that same light hearted spirit is keeping her from focusing on picking up toys and is, instead, getting her to dawdle and poke along.
I am thankful for my afternoons and evenings with the kids. Greyson goes to sleep for the night about 7pm so I don't have as much time with him but I'm up to feed him in the night and I am glad. It gives me some more bonding time. He usually just eats and falls back to sleep but I almost always get one great smile from him during that time. Good stuff.
Emma and I have been doing a lot of cooking and baking together. She always makes sure that the ingredients are "dairy free mommy!". Tonight we tried chocolate chip cookies with my newly purchased "dairy free, soy free, egg free and nut free" chocolate chunks. They were a success. Jon, Emma, Jen, Hannah and myself all enjoyed them and couldn't tell a difference. However, we really aren't the thermometer for it... Greyson is. I'll see what he thinks at his next feeding.
So week one... done. Gone. Time does pass and it even flies by. Before I know it I'll be posting about my last week of tax season. But until then, I am going to enjoy my life. My work. My kids. My husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those sound like great goals! I trust that God can equip you to be an ambassador of joy and positivity by His Spirit. And yes - those cookies were good! I regret not having one more before we left! :)
ReplyDelete