Friday, June 1, 2012

Just stuff

It's been and will be birthdays galore for the next few weeks. We have Jon's grandmother, my grandma, my mom, my niece, myself and my daughter all within about a month.

It's been fun to get to purchase gifts again. We had to be really cheap and no little or nothing while Jon was in school and it's been fun to get to find something small for all the birthdays.

I have realized that giving gifts is one of my big love languages. I love to give and get thoughtful gifts. I love spending time thinking of special things to buy for each person based on their individual likes. I especially enjoy thinking back to things they have mentioned in passing and surprising them with it on their special day.

I have roses blooming! Emma and I picked some beautiful long stem roses for my mom's place setting at her birthday dinner. The whole dining room smelled so nice.

We also made a happy birthday banner out of some old wrapping paper. Emma was so excited to show Nana when she got here.

In other random news Emma and I have been getting lots of laughs from watching youtube videos in the evenings. Tonight, thank you Jen, we laughed at people who were drugged up from having their wisdom teeth out.

Greyson is making crawling attempts. He is also trying to walk. It's too close to call which will happen first.

I learned the hard way not to feed Grey kiwi without straining the seeds first.

We are looking forward to seeing Jon's grandmother, in from California, tomorrow for her 94th birthday party! She has a great spiritual legacy and continues to encourage us all in the Lord.




1 comment: