Emma has been so very excited to turn four years old. She surprised me by choosing a butterfly cake instead of Hello Kitty. She even helped me make it. One of the things she has been most looking forward to is getting to move up to the next Sunday School class. During their storytime they combine classes and each class sits on a separate colored rug. The three year olds sit on purple and when you turn four, you get to sit on the ever exciting yellow rug! She was so thrilled to go to church Sunday to get to sit on that special rug.
She is so big! Her smile makes me so happy.
Even though the cake wasn't Hello Kitty, many of the other birthday gifts and such were. She is quite the fan right now. She was so thrilled with the Hello Kitty suitcase from Nana and Papaw that she packed it and took it to church with us Sunday. On the way I asked what she had packed and she listed quite the long list of stuffed animals. The suitcase stayed in the car while we were in church but she just liked packing it, wheeling it to the car and having it with her. I also asked if she was excited to get to use it, meaning, for clothes and overnight items when she stays at Nana's next time. She replied "buy mommy, I AM using it!'. I guess, even just taking it to church counts as using it.
The backpack is also Hello Kitty. Which is for preschool. I can't believe she'll be going this fall. It's only two mornings per week, but I sure will miss her. She, on the other hand, couldn't be more excited. I watched her at library storytime today. She sat on the rug, listened to the books being read, did the motions for the songs and poems and even chimed in with answers. I was so proud of her. I see her growing in her abilities to join in groups and follow directions.
She is such a doll.
She is my sunshine.
She is four!
No comments:
Post a Comment