June has passed us by already! We had a good month filled with birthdays and family time. Jon took me to a wonderful new restaurant on my birthday. It's called "Crave" and we loved it so much we are trying to find a sitter to go back again this weekend!
Emma turned 5!!!!!!!
I can hardly believe she is five years old. Her smile and sweetness greet me everyday. She is fun loving and oh so tender-hearted. She wanted Minnie Mouse decorations for her birthday party but we couldn't find it anywhere so she happily settled for My Little Pony. I have learned more pony names in the last month than I ever thought possible. She even lets her little brother play with them. I am thankful to be her mommy.We had a nice 4th of July. The kids loved their patriotic outfits and Greyson even gave me a goofy grin in this picture!
I decided to make some homemade jelly this month. I hope it turns out like my mom's. She makes the best jelly. My neighbor gave me a couple different types of berries so we will see how it goes!
I love love love the hot weather! We have been spending time at a friend's pool and the kids are getting used to swimming. Emma had a deep rooted fear when we started working with her last year but has made so much progress. She swims with floaties all by herself now. Greyson doesn't really have fear of the water. The first time we got in the pool this summer he looked at the diving board and said "jump!" and then toddled over to the diving board and jumped to me! I had to even pull him out of the pool once when he jumped in without his life jacket on.
We have enjoyed time at the spray park as well as the regular park. We are sad for less time with our sweet friend Hannah this summer, but we are joyful for her as she and her mommy, Missy, get more time together since her mommy changed jobs. They moved a couple hours away but landed with the best person possible, my best friend, Hannah's "Tia" and Missy's sister, Jen. Before they moved we enjoyed some fun days with Hannah and even took the kids and Emma's cousins to Chuck E. Cheese. All the kids seemed to have a good time and we anxiously look forward to visits back and forth with Hannah.
God has been so faithful to encourage me in seeking to know Him better. A wonderful woman from my bible study agreed to mentor me this summer and she is so helpful and knowledgeable. I am gaining ground spiritually and God has been obvious to me in how He is showing Himself. I still have so many questions and unfortunately fear as well. However, God isn't giving up on me. I have another freedom to be thankful for this month: Freedom in Christ.
I am free to seek God and free to ask questions and free to separate lies from truth. I feel I have a long way to go to be where I hope to be in my relationship with God, but I am taking the steps toward Him and feel Him nudging me along the way.
Love the update, the new blog design, and hearing about the big and little things that are going on in your life! Love you!
ReplyDelete