Monday, July 26, 2010

Pearly whites

I decided Jarrah needed her teeth cleaned. The vet suggested we let them do it for us. Since I didn't want to spend $400+ on my DOG'S teeth I decided to do it myself. Sans the drugs to knock her out even. I tried loving on her and getting her to lay down. She knew immediately that something was up.
I think she could smell the baking soda on the cloth I was using. I see all the internet ads that say "an Ashland mom has found the secret to whitening your teeth and it's in your cupboard right now" so I figured "why not try it on the dog"?! She thought maybe she'd distract me by trying to play.
She ran all around the house and barked and hid behind the dining room table. Emma thought it was hilarious and everytime I'd get close to Jarrah she'd take off!
I gave her a pep-talk and after that didn't work, I brought out her treatie jar and sat it in the middle of the living room floor. I told her if she let me clean her teeth with the cloth (I pointed to the cloth) then she's get a treatie (no need to point to the jar, that's all she was looking at).

It worked! Sort of. I got about 3 teeth rubbed with the baking soda and contrary to the "Ashland mom" internet ad, Jarrah's teeth are FAAARRR from white.
I figure I can keep it up and maybe I'll be the next "Ashland mom" on the internet ad. Actually, I'm pretty sure I don't want to be on the internet ad. It's usually on the side bar of my hotmail that scrolls between the "Ashland mom" and "hot singles". I think I'll settle for a dog whose breath isn't mistakable for Emma's poopy diapers.





1 comment:

  1. Love the photographic evidence of this adventure! If you get to be the Ashland mom, can I be the hot single? It's only fair.

    ReplyDelete