Thursday, February 2, 2012

Art class and other stuff

I am taking an oil painting class and really loving it. We have the month of February off so I brought my painting of poppies home to dry. I am excited to finish it and I have an idea for a small painting I'll do for Emma next.
Once I get it finished I'll post a picture.

Emma wants to know how old she has to be before she can take an art class. I think she is going to be quite excited when she starts preschool. It seems she is eager for organized play.
We have been doing some homeschool preschool games my sister sent over. Emma is doing awesome! They are mainly sorting games and a few numbers and counting games. I'm so proud of her. I am reminded that she can and does focus when she wants to.

Greyson is sitting in his bumbo chair now. He can sit assisted on the floor and likes rolling from his belly to back and onto his sides. He doesn't do the full- roll yet but that is coming soon.

Jon is working away at his job and providing for us with his strong work ethic. We are getting through tax season well. He is being so very helpful to me. I feel like we are a great team and that is such a blessing.

I am continuing to try to be the most positive person at work. I fail often but am continuing to try. God is helping me. My motto at work is "SURE! I can do that!"
The grandmas are doing so much for us. I hope I can think of something special to do for them at the end of tax season.

God is teaching me some new things. Our pastor has been doing a series about hope. He said that satan uses despair and hopelessness to silently invade and damage our relationship with Jesus. We begin to question what God is doing, then we begin to question where God is, then we begin to question God. Is He really there? Is He really who He says He is...

This is something I can completely attest to. I have done all of these things. My fears and angers and bitterness over past hurts still creep up sometimes. If I let them become the lens for how I see my present and my future, I can fall into the same traps due to hopelessness. That's why Jesus reminds us that HE is our Hope.

I can hope for His comfort.
I can hope for His guidance.
I can hope for His strenth.

Hope isn't wishing.
Hope is waiting.

Waiting patiently. Being still. Holding onto the only Truths that I know I can trust. I have to ignore satan's lies that God has forgotten or that He doesn't know what He's doing. Instead I have to sit still. I can't do more or seethe enough to make God jump into action. I need to know that He sees farther than I do. He WILL give me energy, strength and even joy through any trial if I CHOOSE to let Him.

I think that God is teaching me these lessons now, in a peaceful time, so that when rough times come and the waves feel all consuming, I can look back and remember this lesson.

I hope I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment