Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Last night

It is the last night in our condo.

I remember our first night here. Emma slept like a baby (because she was). Jon slept just fine and I would have, if it weren't for poor Jarrah who was very confused.

This condo has felt more like home than any other place we have lived. Including the house we built. We have lots of memories here and will really miss our neighbors.

I'm sitting surrounded by packed boxes, thanks to my mom. She has been incredible- helping clean the new place and pack the old place. She has been cleaning while I'm at work. She comes over after I get home from work and helps pack.

I have done my fair share though and am running out of steam. It's been a long few weeks. Greyson and Emma had really nasty colds. I had it, Jon had it. Greyson gets up more at night since I have been working. I get up early with the baby and stay up late preparing for the move. I have been burning the candle at both ends and tonight I feel like the flames burned and met in the center.
I'm pooped!

Along with the nostalgia and sentamentalism is a healthy dose of excitement.
This move is most likely the last one for a very very long time. This house is one that will grow with us. The fenced yard is something I have wanted for the dog for six years. The basement already has been filled with echoing giggles and squeals from Emma and her cousins.

This move is going to be and is already a good thing for us.

We are moving forward.

1 comment: