Jon had Lasik surgery yesterday. He was 20/100 in one eye and 20/400 in the other eye.
Four minutes later he was 20/20 in both eyes.
He can relate to the guy in the Bible. You know, cause there is only one guy in that book, I guess I can elaborate...
John 9:6-7
After saying this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man’s eyes. 7 “Go,” he told him, “wash in the Pool of Siloam” (this word means “Sent”). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing.
Jesus could have just made the man able to see, but instead he put mud on the man's eyes and sent him to go wash them. Why the mud? I guess so the man had a reason to go wash, he was dirty and grimy. But the bigger reason, I believe, was that the man had to trust Jesus. He had to have faith that what Jesus said was true. He had to believe that washing his face, as he probably did daily, would suddenly give him sight- simply because Jesus said so. He had to have help getting to the pool which required him to share with at least one other person that he was practicing faith in Jesus.
Someone helped him go to the pool, he washed and came out, four minutes later, he could see. 20/20
He did trust.
He did believe.
He did have faith
He did have sight.
Faith in Jesus never disappoints.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I want THAT kind of 20/20 vision for sure. What a great way to use an everyday thing like LASIK as a chance to reflect on the Lord's Truths. I love you!
ReplyDelete