Tuesday, May 22, 2012

9 Months

Greyson turned nine months old this week! It's hard to believe, yet at the same time I can't imagine life without him.
He is very interested in walking. He wants to stand up and tries to even take your hands away while you hold him up. I don't think he knows that he can't do it alone yet. He also is making some progress on the idea of crawling.
He loves eating baby food and taking baths with Emma. He occasionally will take a drink from a sippy cup but really just wants to drink from a regular glass and does a pretty good job with it.
He thinks everything Emma does is hilarious, and lately has decided he's interested in the dog. Jarrah is interested in him too... well, more accurately, she's interested in the puffs he drops from his high chair.

He can clap when he wants to. He was doing it a lot a few days ago and when Jon got up I tried to get Grey to do it for him and- nothing! Fortunately I had captured it on video. Now when I ask Greyson to clap he looks at me and gives me raspberries.

He's sweet until he's not. He is either really happy or really mad. I think we will have a new challenge with his personality daily. That is one reason we are teaching him some baby signs. I foresee him having a temper and getting frustrated. So we are trying to give him as many communicative signs as possible to help us all out. 
He likes to snuggle with me, he sucks his left thumb when he's tired. It's adorable.
He's a joy and a blessing.

1 comment: