Monday, March 14, 2011

Butterflies

I love that spring is springing. Emma and I were outside on Saturday and jumped in some puddles and felt the warm sunshine on our faces. What a joy! I see the forecast for this week is warmer still and more sunshine. We will finally get to go to the part. Emma has been asking all winter to go. I won't have to tell her "No- it's cold/dark/snowy outside". I can say "yes! it's sunny/warm/pretty outside".

Jarrah will be "escited" too (as Emma says). The poor dog has been cooped up in the condo all winter and will have a hayday sniffing everything outside.

Speaking of poor Jarrah, we are going to have to take her in for surgery on her paws again. Her nails are so incredibly long that there is no way they can be clipped while she is awake. The other problem is that they bleed. So after her last surgery, in October, to cut them way back, we were informed that normal clippings are more difficult because the vein doesn't recede. So even small clippings make her nails bleed. For a dog that is already spastic about anyone (me included) touching her feet, this makes for a difficult and messy situation. After talking to the vet on Friday our best option is to do the surgery again. They will cut them very short again and since we are approaching summer, hope that they will grow more slowly. As far as next winter, when she's cooped up again and not walking on the concrete... in the words of the vet "you might have to accept her having longer nails". But our hope is to be in a house with a fenced yard where she can be out even in the winter to wear them down a bit.

As for the butterflies that will soon be flitting about outside, I am feeling lots of baby flutters in my belly! I never ever get tired of feeling that. I take it as a blessing to be enjoying those feelings early on in the pregnancy. I have felt little ones for a couple weeks but it's more prominent each week. I'm about 14 weeks now and the icky nausea is subsiding more each day.

Jon is in the depths of many case studies and comes up for air a little bit to see us when he can. About 6 more weeks of craziness for him and then things will calm down a little bit for him. He won't be able to go to our big ultrasound at the end of April but he'll be on call for me to text him or maybe even talk with him on the phone during. I'm not sure. We have been picking out names. The boy name is set and was easy to come up with. As with Emma, the girl names are always so hard for us! Maybe the Lord will make it easy on us and give us a boy this time!?

I'm sure He will give us exactly what our family needs. He always does.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed this update! Here's to butterflies, babies, and buh-bye long nails! :)

    ReplyDelete