After the last unsuccessful attempt to clip Jarrah's nails I tried a last ditch effort today.
8:30am Called the vet and found out they have their walk-in clinic from 1:30-2:30 today! The dog nail karma is on our side!!!
9:00am Emma and I left for the Farmer's Market. Found out there is no Farmer's Market today.
11:00am Called Jon to ask him to give Jarrah her sedative. No answer. Hmmm, is this part of his "I don't believe this will work" Initiative?
11:20am Got home and found out that Jon just didn't hear the phone. He gave Jarrah her pill and a small amount of food.
12:30 Let the bloodshot eyes appear! Jarrah began to show her sleepiness.
1:05pm Jarrah and I left for the vet as history has proven the walk-in clinics have a long wait. She slightly stumbled to the car... I feel like a terrible dog-mom.
1:45pm Still waiting at the vet. We are second on the list. The people before us brought in a pair of Yorkie parents plus puppies. Apparently they are going to take awhile.
2:20pm Our turn! Jarrah is still dopey but climbed on the scale and weighed in at a good weight. Good dog!
2:30pm The vet came in, not a tech, to do Jarrah's nails and asked me if I thought Jarrah would do better if I wasn't in the room... I wonder if that's a nice way of saying that my dog is, indeed, totally spoiled??
I agreed and Jarrah was moved to a "clipping room". I'm getting excited people! This is appearing to be a viable option for clipping our dog's nails sans total anesthesia. I hear you all cheering as you read this!
2:35pm Jarrah is in the "clipping room" and what is this I hear?? Can it be??? Yes folks!! I hear nails being clipped and no yelping dog. (She usually sounds like her nails are being ripped out. She's such a baby! Could this be what the vet was talking about?)
2:40pm Jarrah is returned to me happy and with 10 toes of shorter nails. The vet told me "no charge" as she is trying to "desensitize her" and couldn't take much length off. And that Jarrah did "100% better" and they will see her in four weeks.
Folks, good has been done here today!
We have tasted success and it is...furry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to take it "like a man," Jarrah (even though you're a dog and a girl). :)
ReplyDelete