Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The blessing of joy

It seems that we go through seasons in our lives.

For a season things seem hard.

For a season things seem easy.

For a season I seem content.

I am in a season of easy contentment right now. I don't want it to end! I am thrilled about moving to a house. A house that the Lord dropped into our laps much earlier, easier and cheaper than I ever expected.
I am loving watching my kids grow and interact. I am satisfied and content that our family is complete.
I am joyful.

I know joy isn't supposed to hinge on circumstance. I do wonder if the joy I am so easily experiencing now is due to positive life situations. However, it's joy. I think I'll just take it!

God has blessed me in so very many ways. I am thankful for so many things.

In this season. I am thankful for the blessing of joy.

The other fruits of the spirit seem to follow closely behind. When my heart is joyful it is also peaceful. I am more patient and kind. I am more gentle and somewhat more self controlled.

Patience is something I don't usually have. I have to fight against myself to have it, but in the last six months or so, the Lord has been changing me. I'm not a saint. I get impatient with poor Emma, the dog and even Greyson, but I can see some changes. It encourages me and spurs me on to make more changes and give God even more room in my life to make me more like Him.

We were blessed to find this house much earlier than we expected. We were at peace with being in our condo as long as it took to feel the Lord open the next door. We are at peace with waiting on the Lord to help us make a good decision about buying a vehicle as well. It feels to good to be waiting on the Lord. I can barely believe that I am typing those words: "feels good to be waiting". That is not me. I like to DO and DO right away! But God likes me to wait on Him. I never regret waiting on Him.

Oh I hope I can take these changes with me to the next season of trial and troubles when it comes. It's like packing a backpack for a hike. You know you'll need those yummy granola bars and refreshing water bottles when you hit the steep parts of the mountain. I have been hanging out at base camp far too long. I feel God pushing me to start hiking. I am excited and I'm enjoying the scenery.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it good when God changes our hearts to like things we never thought we could like? Then we know it's Him and He gets the glory!

    ReplyDelete